Chakra refers to the energy centers in your body, and they must stay open and balanced. Do you have chakra blocks? One way to banish them is to practice Osho chakra breathing meditation.
But first, what are your seven major chakras?
- The root chakra is at the base of your spine and responsible for your sense of security and stability
- The sacral chakra below your belly button, responsible for your creative and sexual energy
- The solar plexus chakra in the stomach area, helping your confidence and self-esteem
- The heart chakra is in the center of your chest, giving you the ability to love and show compassion
- The throat chakra, responsible for your ability to communicate verbally
- The third eye chakra between your two eyes, related to your intuition and imagination
- The crown chakra at the top of your head, representing your spiritual connection to yourself, others, and the universe
Stress and anxiety can cause chakra blockages and imbalances. When a chakra is blocked, you’ll have trouble expressing the qualities associated with it. For instance, a low-energy solar plexus chakra may make you feel insecure about yourself.
How to practice Osho chakra breathing meditation?
Osho chakra breathing meditation helps open and balance your energies, bringing more awareness into your actions. It spans over an hour and has two stages:
The first stage (45min)
Stand straight and keep your feet apart while relaxing your body. Breathe deeply and rapidly, taking note of the bell rings that indicate you must move to the next chakra. Do this until you reach the final chakra. You are free to move and shake as the stage progresses.
The second stage (15min)
Upon finishing the seven chakras, you will hear three bell sounds; a signal that you must slow down your breathing. This helps you transition into the final stage, which only requires you to relax and sit in silence.